Everyone should have a financial plan, and it should be reviewed and updated regularly as your life progresses and changes. A solid financial plan is the truest way to protect yourself, your family, your career and your lifestyle, all at once.
The Critical Difference Between Planning and Products
- What is a financial plan?
- What can you expect from a financial advisor?
- Why do you need one?
These are good questions, and you should know the answers before you start interviewing financial professionals to work on your team.
A financial plan begins with a comprehensive review of assets, liabilities, insurance products, budget, income, cashflow, goals and life situations. What do you have? What do you need? What are you worried about? What do you want out of your life? Once we’ve answered these questions, then we decide how we’ll work together to get you there.
This process is much like any other approach you’d take to successful life management. When you visit the doctor, the nurse takes your blood pressure, even if you’re there only for a cold. Why? Because at the doctor, a thorough review of patient status and complaints helps to clarify and uncover opportunities and objectives in the patient’s best interest. At the doctor, we check in at least annually, relay any changes in our lives and health conditions, discuss our concerns, and collaborate with the healthcare team to achieve what we’d consider to be an acceptable plan forward. We make sure these professionals have a clear understanding of what we need and what we want, so we can receive the best service and solutions available. Financial advice is no different.
The team of financial professionals at ATLAS LPG will perform as your full-service advisory resource. If you focus only on insurance, you may miss opportunities in the market. If you focus only on investments, you may leave yourself woefully unprepared for life’s unexpected turns.. A holistic, collaborative, partnered approach, frequently working alongside your CPA and estate attorney, allows us to provide the best advice for you, based on your individual goals and situation.
Here’s a short list of planning areas we frequently investigate on our clients’ behalf:
• Investment Advisory Services
• Retirement Plan Solutions
• Financial Planning for Individuals and Businesses
• Money Management
• Investments/Asset Management
• Estate and Retirement Planning
• Family/Lifestyle Budgeting, Risk Assessment and Contingency Planning
• Taxation Optimization Strategies
• Life Insurance
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Income Protection: Paycheck and Retirement benefits
• Generational Wealth Transfer
• Health/Medical Insurance consultation and referral
• Education Planning
• Medicare Planning
Business/Business Owner Financial Planning
• Business Cashflow and Benefits Structuring, including employer-sponsored retirement plans
• Employee Retention and Incentive Plans
• Executive Bonus, Deferred Compensation and Defined Benefit, Retirement Protection
• Business Insurance: Key Person/Owner, Life, Business Overhead Expense, Buyout and Disability Coverage
• Informal Business Valuation
• Buy/Sell Review Evaluation and Recommendations
• Wealth/Ownership Transfer
About Michael Abbate:
Michael Abbate is an ATLAS LPG Partner. Michael’s background spans 23 years of industry experience, which began on institutional capital markets and commodities trading floors around the world, including New York, Chicago, London and Paris. He made the switch to individual and small business planning and consulting nearly a 15 years ago, desiring to connect with clients on a personal level that impacted their families and businesses, rather than overnight and across the oceans.
You can reach Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org
Investment advisory services offered through ATLAS Lifestyle Planning Group (ATLAS LPG), a Registered Investment Advisor. ATLAS LPG will only provide investment advisory services in jurisdictions where it is registered as an investment adviser or exempt from registration. Insurance and annuities offered through ATLAS Risk Management Group (ATLAS RMG). ATLAS LPG and ATLAS RMG are separate entities and neither provides legal or tax advice.